The Federal Trade Commission requires that we disclose any relationship we have between a product manufacturer or service provider when we write about a product or service.
Here are the guidelines we operate under at NFLGridironGab.com:
- We are rarely paid to do a review. In almost all cases, we never accept money to review a product or service. We invest our own time to review and test products. We absorb the entire cost to record and post-produce all audio and/or videos we record about products. If we are ever paid to do a review, it will be clearly annotated at the end of the review.
- We typically don’t pay for the products we review. They are sent to us by the manufacturer. Rarely, do we request a product. In almost all cases, the manufacturer approaches us first via e-mail. If we feel it’s a product you might get benefit from, then we request they send us the product.
- We normally don’t return the products after testing them. In certain cases, the product is loaned out to us for a set amount of time, and it is returned to the manufacturer at the end of the testing period.
- If we create a link to a product in a review, sometimes we may get paid a commission if you purchase the product or service. These links are included after posts are written, and posts are never composed for the purpose of including advertising.
- No advertiser will ever influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog.
These are good rules and practices in today’s digital world. It’s important for you as a consumer to understand the relationship between the person reviewing the product and the manufacturer or service provider.
If you don’t see a disclosure policy on a blog, that reviewer may be violating the law or at the very least the Code of Ethics.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
NFL Gridiron Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NFL Gridiron Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest NFL news.