With Sunday night’s thrilling win for the Kansas City Chiefs over the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl 54, the NFL’s 100th season is now officially in the books.
The season was full of surprises, breakout players and in some cases, breakout teams. While the season just ended, it is never too early to start looking forward to next season and what the 2020 campaign has to offer.
The offseason will be full of news and activity, such as free agency, the NFL combine, the NFL Draft and of course training camp in July, it seems like there’s always something going on in the NFL.
Today we take a look at the top teams in the league when it comes to who the major sportsbooks have as the favorites in 2020, and as always there’s going to be plenty of chances for NFL live betting in 2020 as well.
1. Kansas City Chiefs 5/1 – It should come as no surprise that we start with the newly crowned NFL champs in the Kansas City Chiefs who are at 5/1. The Chiefs have plenty of firepower to do it all over again, starting with QB Pat Mahomes and his weapons on offense.
2. San Francisco 49ers 7/1 – Another young up and coming team that had their chances to hoist the Lombardi on Sunday night in Miami, the 49ers are not going to give up their NFC crown easily in 2020. That doesn’t mean this team doesn’t have work to do, but they are still a very good team with a good core.
3. Baltimore Ravens 8/1 – Everyone seems to forget at the start of the playoffs the Ravens were the top seed in the AFC, winning 14 of 16 regular season contests. They have young League MVP in Lamar Jackson, and while they will get pushed by the Steelers and Browns, they will enter 2020 as the clear cut favorites in the AFC North.
4. New England Patriots 9/1 – These odds could chance drastically if Tom Brady bolts for Oakland or another city in free agency. This team is getting older, but with Bill Belichick running the show, you never know what this team will do this offseason to try and reload.
5. Dallas Cowboys 16/1 – So much talent and a 3-0 start in 2019 wasn’t enough to even get the Cowboys into the playoffs in 2020. Even with that, this Dallas team still has a ton of talent, and they will find a way to get Dak Prescott back in 2020 as their quarterback. Don’t count out this Cowboys squad.
5. New Orleans Saints 16/1 – Drew Brees has already declared that he won’t play anywhere else in 2020, which means that the Saints will again have a window open. This year they took a step back after going to the NFC Title game in the 2018 season. With Alvin Kamara and Michael Thomas, the Saints will still have enough talent to be competitive.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
NFL Gridiron Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NFL Gridiron Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest NFL news.