By Bryan Dietzler
Fans, we are approaching the half-way point of the 2017 NFL season, and it’s been an interesting one. We have seen both of last year’s Super Bowl teams, the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons, struggle a bit. There are a few teams that have surprised us including the Los Angeles Rams, Houston Texans, and the New York Jets.
Meanwhile, the Kansas City Chiefs continue to roll.
It’s certainly an odd year in the NFL, but that’s how we should like it.
The Week Six poll sees some movement in the middle of this poll but very little movement at the bottom. We now know that the worst team in the NFL is Cleveland and they have taken their rightful place at the bottom of this poll. And the Giants and 49ers are vying for the worst spot in the poll this week.
So, without any further delay, here is my Week Six NFL Power Poll for the sixth week of this football season.
- Kansas City Chiefs-(LW 1, 5-0) The Chiefs just keep on rolling. While they may not be unstoppable they are the best in the NFL right now.
- Atlanta Falcons-(LW 2, 3-1) Atlanta was on a bye in Week Five and did not move up or down.
- Green Bay Packers-(LW 3, 4-1) The Pack is back. Aaron Rodgers worked his magic once again and earned his team a win. Can they keep on rolling?
- Philadelphia Eagles-(LW 6, 4-1) The Eagles are playing solid football and are easily the front-runner in the NFC East. If they can keep it up, they may contend for a spot in the NFC Championship game.
- New England Patriots-(LW 8, 3-2) The Patriots weren’t spectacular, but a win is a win. Still one of the most talented teams in the NFL.
- Carolina Panthers-(LW 9, 4-1) I am liking this Panthers team. They could give the Falcons and the Packers a run for it in the NFC come playoff time.
- Denver Broncos-(LW, 3-1) The Broncos were on a bye last week and stay in place this week.
- Detroit Lions-(LW 5, 3-2) The Lions lost to a good Carolina team. Still one of the better teams in the NFC.
- Pittsburgh Steelers-(LW 3-2) The Steelers are looking rough. With Big Ben saying he can’t play anymore and trouble with their top wide receiver, Antonio Brown, this is a team that may be sinking fast.
- Seattle Seahawks-(LW 14, 3-2) The Seahawks squeezed out a last-second win against the Los Angeles Rams. They are still a team in need of some help but are overcoming adversity and winning games.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers-(LW 10, 2-2) The Bucs should have played better against the New England Patriots and could have won that game. This team is streaky. They need to settle down and be consistent.
- Oakland Raiders-(LW 11, 2-3) This team will struggle without Derek Carr in the lineup. He needs to get back soon so this they can get back to winning.
- Dallas Cowboys-(LW 12, 2-3) The Cowboys defense could not stop the great Aaron Rodgers on Sunday and he beat them. Dallas must get better against the pass.
- Houston Texans-(LW 13, 2-3) The Texans put up a good fight against Kansas City but lost more than just a game on Sunday night. They lost J.J. Watt and Whitney Mercilus for the year. Will they recover?
- Baltimore Ravens-(LW 16, 3-2) This is a confusing team. Can they get past the Bears this Sunday? It’s going to be a bigger test than anyone thinks.
- Tennessee Titans-(LW 15, 2-3) So much talent here. Can they put it together and win or is this team doomed to be a bottom dweller this season?
- Washington Redskins-(LW 17, 2-1) The Redskins has a bye week.
- Minnesota Vikings-(LW 20, 3-2) The Vikings with Case Keenum are much better than they are with an ailing Sam Bradford. They need to make sure Bradford is fully healthy before they bring him back as a starter.
- Los Angeles Rams-(LW 18, 3-2) Still a class club heading in the right direction. If they can clean a few things up they could contend for a playoff spot.
- Jacksonville Jaguars-(LW 22, 3-2) Can’t figure these guys out at all. One week they look like they are unstoppable the next week the fold like a table. Very inconsistent.
- Arizona Cardinals-(LW 19, 2-3) Their once powerful defense from a year ago can’t seem to stop anyone now. This is a down year for the Cardinals.
- Buffalo Bills-(LW 21, 3-2) The Bills fell back down to earth a little last Sunday. Their defense needs some work but this team is headed in the right direction.
- New Orleans Saint-(LW 23, 2-2) The Saints stay stagnant this week as they were on a bye in Week Five.
- Cincinnati Bengals-(LW 25, 2-3) I think the Bengals are starting to get back on track. Releasing their offensive coordinator may have been the best thing for them honestly. Now can they continue to win?
- Miami Dolphins-(LW 24, 2-2) The Dolphins got the best of a weakened Titans team. They won’t get too many more of those this season.
- New York Jets-(LW 26, 3-2) The Jets beat the lowest of the low in the NFL but don’t move up or down. It’s still hard to believe that this team has won three games. Maybe it’s just a dream?
- Indianapolis Colts-(LW 27, 2-3) The Colts earned a win but just can’t break out of this spot on the poll this week. They are poised to move up at some point however but beating weaker teams isn’t going to shoot them up that much farther.
- Chicago Bears-(LW 28, 1-4) The Trubisky Era began with a loss but much brighter things are ahead for the NFL’s oldest franchise. Stay tuned Bears’ fans.
- Los Angeles Chargers-(LW 30, 1-4) The Chargers lifted themselves from the ranks of the unbeaten by beating the Giants on Sunday. Can they keep climbing up out of the basement and into the playoffs?
- San Francisco 49ers-(LW 31, 0-5) The 49ers nearly got a win. The talent is here they just need a few more pieces and they can start winning games. They are headed in the right direction.
- New York Giants-(LW 29, 0-5) Look how the mighty have fallen. And with OBJ and BMarsh out it’s going to be an even longer season now.
- Cleveland Browns-(LW 32, 0-5) High-quality talent in, garbage out. That’s how it works with Cleveland. The front office and coaching staff cannot get this thing right.