By Bryan Dietzler
We have reached the fourth week of the 2017 NFL season, and we are witnessing a lot of inconsistency among teams and games from week to week. Teams that you thought had no chance to win this Sunday won while some of the top teams took a fall.
This week was very difficult to predict. Picking games this weekend may have been difficult and you may have not “survived” in your survivor pools.
There were some close games and several were high scoring.
At this point in the season, there are two teams who are clear front-runners at the top while the middle and the bottom of this poll are a little more unclear.
Maybe we will start seeing some separation in Week Four.
Now that all the Week Three games are finished, it’s time to look at my sometimes late but always consistent NFL Power Poll for Week Four in the National Football League.
Some may call this laughable but this is a fan’s poll, not an expert’s poll and a great thing to talk about.
- Atlanta Falcons-(LW 1,3-0) The Falcons had a tough game against the Detroit Lions but came out on top. They are easily the most talented team in the NFL so far.
- Kansas City Chiefs-(LW 3, 3-0) The best team in the AFC keeps on rolling. Could this finally be their year?
- New England Patriots-(LW 4, 2-1) It’s hard moving them up a spot after they struggled against the Houston Texans. Their defense has issues and may be their downfall.
- Green Bay Packers-(LW 5, 2-1) I am uncomfortable putting the Packers here especially since one of the worst teams in the league nearly beat them. It appears they will have to lean on their offense to win games this season.
- Pittsburgh Steelers-(LW 2, 2-1) The Steelers played down to their competition Sunday and lost a close one. They should have been able to keep the Bears from beating them but they beat themselves.
- Detroit Lions-(LW 7, 2-1) Yes, Detroit lost but they lost to the best team in the NL. They are very talented and are easily the third best team in the NFC right now.
- Oakland Raiders-(LW 6, 2-1) The Raiders lost a tough game Sunday night and didn’t play as well as the should have. Can they keep pace with the Chiefs and the Broncos in the AFC West?
- Philadelphia Eagles-(LW 13, 2-1) The Eagles are looking like the most talented team in the NFC East. Can they take the division?
- Dallas Cowboys-(LW 12, 2-1) The Cowboys flexed their muscle Monday night and looked much better than they did in Week Two. Will this be the new norm for Dallas?
- Denver Broncos-(LW 11, 2-1) Despite the loss, Denver gets to move up a spot because they have such a strong and talented defense. The setback they suffered this Sunday will not derail them, and they will continue to compete with the Chiefs and the Raiders for the lead in the AFC West.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers-(LW 8, 1-1) The Bucs looked bad against the Vikings Sunday after a strong two showing the previous week. If they bounce back expect big things out of them and trust me, this team can bounce back.
- Carolina Panthers-(LW 9, 2-1) The usually strong Carolina defense couldn’t stop Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints. Can they recover in Week Four?
- Tennessee Titans-(LW 16, 2-1) Tennessee is a very talented team and if they can play consistently, the could easily win their division.
- Baltimore Ravens-(LW 10, 2-1) What happened to the Ravens in London? Wow. The whole team shut down against Jacksonville. There is too much talent for them to lose consistently, so they will pick it back up and get back to winning soon.
- Washington Redskins-(LW 18, 2-1) The Redskins were convincing in their win against the Raiders. They join the Cowboys and the Eagles in the logjam that is the top of the NFC East.
- Seattle Seahawks-(LW 14, 1-2) This team is sinking fast. They will fall further if they can’t get their offense and defense working as they have in seasons past. Maybe it’s just not their year?
- Minnesota Vikings-(LW 21, 2-1) I thought the Vikings were going to take a dive after Week Two but they got themselves back up this past Sunday despite the fact Sam Bradford is still hurt.
- Jacksonville Jaguars-(LW 22, 2-1) The Jaguars throttled the Ravens in London but still have a lot more people to convince. Will they stay consistent and finally be a contender?
- Houston Texans-(LW 20, 1-2) You have to move these guys up a bit after they were able to hang with New England. DeShaun Watson is looking good and the Texans are headed in the right direction. They will easily win more games and could even contend for a playoff spot.
- Arizona Cardinals-(LW 15, 1-2) There is something amiss in Arizona. Their defense is struggling and Carson Palmer has no time to throw. Is this team as bad as their record says?
- Los Angeles Rams-(LW 24, 2-1) The Rams appear to have found an offense but their defense took a step back Thursday. Can they find balance and play well on both sides of the ball?
- Buffalo Bills-(LW 23, 2-1) That was a nice win for the Bills win on Sunday. Can they keep it up?
- Miami Dolphins-(LW 17, 1-1) The Dolphins lost to the worst team in last week’s poll and maybe the NFL. Adam Gase has a lot of work to do to get them headed in the right direction and get back to the playoffs.
- New York Giants- (LW 19, 0-3) Yes, the Giants are winless but this is still a talented team. They just can’t get it together and that’s tough especially with Eli Manning’s career winding down.
- Indianapolis Colts-(LW 25, 1-2) The Colts finally won a game even without Andrew Luck. Granted, it was close but a win is a win. Perhaps the biggest question here is when will Luck be back?
- New Orleans Saints-(LW 28, 1-2) The Saints finally got their offense going against one of the league’s best defenses. Now, if they could just play better defense, they might win a few more games.
- Chicago Bears-(LW 29, 1-2) The Bears got a win but looked pretty rough doing it. But that win opens the door for bigger and better things. This team may improve as the season goes on.
- Los Angeles Chargers-(LW 26, 0-3) This is a much better team than their record indicates and hopefully they will get better. They are in a tough division and unless they can finish games, they will be going nowhere fast.
- Cincinnati Bengals-(LW 31, 0-3) The Bengals just about beat the Green Bay Packers so things may be starting to go right. Can they earn their first win soon of the season soon or will they continue to pile up the losses?
- New York Jets-(LW 32, 1-2) It’s hard to believe but the New York Jets got a win last week. They are no longer the worst team in this poll but won’t make it much further up the poll this season. The Jets still have too much work to do.
- San Francisco 49ers-(LW 30, 0-3) The 49ers almost won last Thursday night. This team will win more games once they get a better quarterback. Right now, that quarterback does not appear to be on the roster.
- Cleveland Browns-(LW 27, 0-3) Cleveland is competitive and talented but still not able to win games. The Browns may still be a year away from being a contender.
Please follow me on twitter @bdietzler